02 Apr Italian Supreme Court of Cassation to host PROTAX focus group
We are delighted to announce the collaboration between PROTAX project and the prestigious Italian Supreme Court of Cassation on the organisation of the PROTAX focus group held in Italy on 17 May 2019 and the consortium is thankful to The Right Hon. the President of the Italian Supreme Court and The Right Hon. RUBINO Lina, Justice of the Italian Supreme Court, for the support given to the project.
PROTAX will design law enforcement tools and guidelines that result from an in-depth understanding of the human factors involved in the tax crime ” eco-system”. The proposed solutions will incorporate stakeholder-knowledge and expertise.
In doing so, the PROTAX focus groups. will bring together Law enforcement agencies, tax authorities’ representatives, tax experts, and professionals of relevant industries to exchange and learn about various dimensions of tax crime in the EU and think collectively about how we can counter them.
PROTAX consortium is therefore honoured to receive the endorsement of the Supreme Court of Cassation (Corte Suprema di Cassazione) the highest court of appeal or court of last resort in Italy, which will host the PROTAX focus group in Rome.
The finalised list of the participants in the Italian Focus Group include:
- BELLACOSA Maurizio, Assistant Professor in Criminal Law, University LUISS Guido Carli
- BORRELLO Italo, Executive Officer, Financial Intelligence Unit, Bank of Italy
- The Right Hon. LIGNOLA Ferdinando, Deputy Prosecutor General, Italian Supreme Court
- The Right Hon. MENGONI Enrico, Justice, Italian Supreme Court
- The Hon. NOCERINO Carlo, Public Prosecutor of the Court of Brescia
- PEDRAZZI Francesca, Partner, Pedrazzi Scudieri Avvocati LLP
- SABELLA Pietro Maria, Research Assistant and Academic Tutor, University LUISS Guido Carli
- The Right Hon. SALAZAR Lorenzo, Deputy Prosecutor General, Court of Appeal of Naples; Vice Chairman, OECD Working Group on Bribery
- SALVINI Livia, Professor in Tax Law, University LUISS Guido Carli
- VENEZIANI Paolo, Professor in Criminal Law, University of Parma
- Col. t.ST VINCIGUERRA Luigi, Colonel of the Italian Financial Police (Guardia di Finanza)
The PROTAX focus group will address the following themes:
– Exploring tax crimes
– LEA requirements and organisational aspects
– Inter-agency co-operation
– International collaboration
– Dual role of the financial sector: Prevention and facilitation of tax crimes
– Benchmarks and best practices
– Ideas to advance the fight against tax crime
At a second stage, the PROTAX partners will prepare a final report that will outline major findings of all focus group events. It will analyse the similarities and differences of tax crime treatment in various EU-jurisdictions, and will particularly highlight best enforcement practices across the EU.
Please feel free to contact us if you’d like to receive more information.